Powered By Blogger

Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 1 of 17

Diet is a four letter word for a reason. Dieting is not fun to say the least. Last year, I tried Weight Watchers for a while and was fairly successful. While I feel like I have gained all the weight back that I lost, thankfully I haven't. While I was "training" for the half marathon, I was exercising and trying to run as often as possible and that seemed to help maintain my weight. After the marathon, I had to go to physical therapy a few times a week to fix the strain I caused to my ankles. This gave me an excuse to stop working out all together.

Thankfully, according to the scale and my clothes I haven't gained back too much of the weight I had lost previously but gaining is not the direction that I want to be headed. Weight Watchers worked for me but I wanted to try something free and a little easier. I'm going to attempt the 17 Day Diet by using the book and try to work out with much more regularity. It is hard for me to get motivated after weeks of counting moving and unpacking as my exercise. I'm going to use the 17 Day Diet book as a guideline, not a Bible. If I mess up, I'll start over the next day. I think my problem with dieting is that if I'm absolutely dying to have something, I avoid it until I really really want it and then eat too much. Food offers comfort to some people and sadly, I am one of those people. I'm at a super happy place in my life overall so I shouldn't need comforting. :)
I'm going to use Livestrong.com's MyPlate (My Profile) to track my food intake and I'm going to try and blog how I felt I ate each day and what I did for exercise. Please feel free to encourage me. I think we all need to know there are people out there willing to listen and who are praying for our success.
I really want get back to that "I feel like the most fit woman walking out of the gym" feeling that I get just for working out concecutavily. I am going BodyPlex so that I can go the classes that really used to keep me motivated. Motivation is such a mental thing. I wish someone could just hit a switch and turn it on but that's not the case. My motivation right now is to feel better inside and out. I am also the Maid of Honor in Cari's wedding in October and I really want to feel better about wearing our California Blue halter bridesmaids' dresses. :) So today is day 1. I'll let you know how it goes...

1 comment:

  1. Diet is indeed a four-letter word. I applaud your efforts! And anyway, I've always been proud of you, even if the years have gotten in the way. Stay strong!

    Love you,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete